Chapati is my all time favorite breakfast as well as dinner.. When am in college, for dinner I use to have chapati daily. I like to eat potato curry as side dish for chapati. But these days as time not permits as an office goer am not making chapatis. Princy asking me daily to prepare chapati as lunch box. So I got up early and made this 2weeks back and today I post this recipe. I prepared Egg Bhurji as side dish. Princy was bit excited when she saw the breakfast plate.
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour(maida) - 1-2 tbsp
- Milk - 10-15 ml
- Luke warm water - required
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 1-2 tbsp
- In a wide mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil and mix well.
- Add milk, water and mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough for few minutes with your palms to get soft and fluffy dough.
- Keep closed aside for 30mins. Open and knead it again and form small size balls.
- Now sprinkle some maida on a clean rolling board, place the dough on it and roll it using rolling pin until desired thickness is attained.
- Now take a flat pan, heat it and place the prepared chapati on the pan.
- Roast it on both sides.
Serve hot with your favorite gravy or any side dish.Notes:
- While kneading make sure to add exact quantity of water and knead well to form a soft dough.
- Make sure to roll thin and evenly. It should not be too thin as transparent to other side.
- Don't add more flour while rolling the chapati. The chapati will be very dry and taste may differ.