Buttermilk pancakes/Majjiga attulu is my all time fav breakfast. I often make this pancakes for Princy's breakfast as she loves it too. We can have this without any chutneys & usually served as a breakfast or as a snack option.
- Low fat buttermilk - 1/2 litre
- Raw Rice - 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Fenugreek seeds - tsp
- All purpose flour - 2tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 or 2 strands
- Green chillies - 3
- Onion - 2large
- Cumin Seeds - tsp
- Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - as required
- Wash, clean and soak raw rice at least 4-5 hours along with fenugreek seeds in low fat buttermilk. (I did soaking process afternoon 12pm-5pm)
- After 5hours grind them to make thick batter. (Evng 5pm) And set the batter overnight.
- The next day morning before making the pancakes, add all purpose flour, curry leaves, cumin seeds, baking soda, finely chopped onions, green chillies, salt and mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Now take a non-stick pan, add oil and heat it. Pour a small laddle full of batter, do not spread it. The pancakes should be thick. Drizzle oil and cook in low medium flame.
- Once the bottom starts browning at the edges flip over to other side.
- Do not add water as we do for dosas, just mix the batter and use it.
- Always cook in medium flame to get the perfect golden crust.
And if you try any recipe from my space, please feel free to share your feedback & comments. If possible take a picture of that dish and email to the email@example.com I will publish your pictures in Sreshta's Kitchen Facebook page You can find similar pictures published in Sreshta's Kitchen Facebook Page under the Album - Recipes Tried by Readers. Thanks !